FileZilla 3 is the next generation (S)FTP-client from the FileZilla project. It is platform independent and supports operating systems like Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, *BSD and Mac OS X.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows (Vista or later), Linux, *BSD, OSX and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory Comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- The ability to use Notepad or any other program to edit a file online (the real action behind the scenes: downloading it to a temporary place and re-uploading it upon saving)
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
- You can follow the development in the FileZilla 3 development diary. There's also a detailed technical changelog available.
- Learn how to compile FileZilla 3 under Windows or Mac OS X (for developers)
Tips & Tricks
- Holding ctrl+alt+shift while starting FileZilla resets the default GUI layout.
For a list of enduser visible changes, have a look at the version history.
For a detailed list of all changes committed to the source code repository, see the changelog.