Fz2 to 3 convert
Site Manager entries
Filezilla version 2 and version 3 have only one thing in common: The name Filezilla. Both are entirely different in every other aspect. You can install Filezilla 3 (into a different directory) while still keeping your old Filezilla 2 around.
Filezilla 3 stores its Site Manager entries in a new, different format. This guide explains the exporting/importing process.
The easy way
Try this method first:
1. Start Filezilla 3.
2. Open the File menu and select Import...
3. Select your old filezilla.xml - this file is in the program directory of Filezilla 2.
4. If Filezilla finds importable data, you'll get a dialog box telling you that due to different formats used, you can only import host, port, username, and password. In case of an error message try the slightly harder way below.
5. Answer Yes and your sites should be imported.
The slightly harder way
If the easy way doesn't work, here's the complete procedure:
1. Start Filezilla 2.
2. Open the Site Manager.
3. Locate the little File menu at the top left of the Site Manager Window.
4. Open it and select Export... - With all details.
5. Select a place where you want to save the exported FTP Sites.xml. Don't overwrite filezilla.xml!
6. Start Filezilla 3.
7. Open the File menu and select Import...
8. Select the FTP Sites.xml you just created.
9. You'll get a dialog box telling you that due to different formats used, you can only import host, port, username, and password.
10. Answer Yes and your sites should be imported.
Further things to try
If both methods fail, try http://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?p=14693#p14693 .