Work in progress
To quickly see differences between files on the local machine and the server :
- Choose View > Directory Comparison > and either :
- "compare file size" or
- "compare modification time."
- Enable the "Hide identical files" option if you don't want to be distracted by files considered the same on both sides.
- Choose " View > Directory Comparison > Enable" (or type CTRL-O).
You will now see color-coded differences between copies of the same file on the different machines, observing the following convention:
- Identical directories and files (same name and same date and time of the last change) in the local computer and in the remote server : They are NOT highlighted at all.
- Directories and files only present in the local computer or in the remote server : They are highlighted in YELLOW in the list of the location where they reside.
- Directories and files with the same name in the local computer and in the remote server but with different time of the last change :
- (IF 'View => Directory comparison => Compare modification time selected) GREEN highlighting shows where the most recent version is.
- Directories and files with the same name in the local computer and in the remote server but with different sizes : ......???........ (Writer's observation: They tend a lot to also have different last change times! I believe they should be displayed in the same form that those with different last change times, but I haven't done this test yet.)
- (IF 'View => Directory comparison => Compare filesize selected) They are highlighted RED on both sides.
File => Export...
Lets you export any or all of the following contents:
- Site Manager entries;
The selected contents are saved in a .XML file that you can import to another computer, using the File => Import... option.
File => Show files currently being edited...
Right click any file and then click "File Attributes" from the context menu.